Sunday, October 24, 2010

United Way Campaign Accomplished!

So...I'm either super naive and stupid or overly zealous about everything, but I decided to volunteer to run our United Way campaign at school this year! It was last week and was a HUGE success! By my calculations, we brought in more than twice what LMS brought in last year, so that's not too shabby for a first-year teacher and United Way coordinator! I have all kinds of ideas for next year and am looking forward to the chance to take it on again!

Other than counting change, my life has been pretty much the same old, boring thing. My goal this week is to get my apartment together once and for all...I'm getting ready to pay my second rent bill so it's time for all of the boxed to be gone for good. I have all kinds of stuff I need to get, too, so I can get things all settled. It's nice to have all of my stuff in one spot, though. I am in total organization mode so hopefully I can get it all put together this week and it will actually be a functioning household! YAY!

Hmmm, what else...I'm going to a new church that I'm really enjoying. I've tried a few here in Liberty, but so far, Second Baptist is in the lead. It's a lot like the church I grew up in and there are lots of opportunities for me to be involved, which I'm really excited about! I'll keep you posted on that one.

Not a whole lot else going on. Just teaching and being a boring old person! I'll keep everyone posted on the boringness!!

Love you all!
H

No comments: